JumpStart Animal Adventures is a personal 3D computer game released in 2002. It teaches skills about nature, animals, and habitats for ages four and up. This game was also re-released as JumpStart Animal Field Trip in the JumpStart Advanced Kindergarten bundle starting in 2003.
It was also released with Chick-fil-A Kids' Meals as part of a promotion for a limited time.
- CJ's nieces and nephews
- Temperate Forest animals:
- Tide Pool animals:
- Rainforest animals:
- Savanna animals:
In this game, players enter Frankie's Animal Habitat Contest, advertised on TV and in JumpStart Habitat Magazine. Players travel to four different habitats: The Tide Pool, the Savanna, the Rainforest, and the Temperate Forest.
In each location, the user must fill out Contest Sheets and complete mini-games. Whenever an animal is clicked, it will explain various facts about itself. Some animals also have mini-games associated with them, like the white-tailed deer, and some animals have songs associated with them like Big Gray the rhino.
The Contest Sheets consist of pages containing blank spaces for 6 photos, each blank space labeled with an animal descriptor such as "Carnivore" or "Makes its own shell". The user must take photos of animals that match the descriptions and place them in the correct spaces.
After finding all the animals, completing all the mini-games, and filling out the Contest Sheets, the player has a chance to play the Animal Smarts Game. This is a trivia game that can be played with one or two players, and involves clicking on the correct animals according to the instructions. The player will then receive a craft instruction page as a reward. Throughout the game, the player earns points for playing activities, and these points can later be exchanged for stickers.
There are three difficulty levels.
- Symbiotic Harmony
- Hey Little Sister
- Tadpole Embryology
- Tide Pool
- Rain Forest
- Temperate Forest
- Opening Theme
- Despite mentioning the Arctic and Desert biomes in the opening theme, neither of these appear in game. There is evidence that the desert biome was planned to appear in the game but was scrapped fairly late into production. (See the pre-release and unused Content subpage for more details.)
- The promotional Chick-fil-a release of the game contained a free trial to the then new JumpStart World.
- The toco toucan looks more like a keel-billed toucan, while the giant tarantula (supposedly another name for the Goliath birdeater) looks more like a Mexican redknee tarantula.
- JumpStart Explorers, another game in the JumpStart Early Discovery series with similar characters and concepts
- Vivendi Universal Publishing. Kids Experience The Thrill Of The Wild In Jumpstart Animal Adventures™, New Early Discovery Cd-rom Software From Knowledge Adventure®. Archived on February 6, 2004. Retrieved on September 20, 2019.